With content abound online, people’s attention grows scarcer, so each time you get a visitor on your website is a make or break moment. That’s how valuable it is nowadays that digital marketers and web specialists seem to have infinite tricks under their sleeves just to catch every visitor’s elusive attention. Careful though because intrusive tools and tactics barely work on site visitors. What you need then is a non-intrusive tool which you can read through this tutorial on how to install HelloBar WordPress plugin.
HelloBar WordPress Plugin
HelloBar is a non-intrusive attention grab-bar. It runs at the topmost portion of your website, parallel to its width. The bar which contains the call to action text has 3 elements which you can easily, hence, regularly modify:
- Message – This tells the visitors what you have for them (i.e. freebies, newsletter).
- Link Text – The actual call to action in reference to the Message (i.e. “Click Here to Find Out.”, “Get it now!”
- Link URL – This is where the visitors will be directed upon clicking, which may either be a page on your website or an external page (i.e. newsletter sign-up form).
Along with this HelloBar functionality are some navigation factors for both you and your visitors which further illustrate why it’s a must-install:
- Minimalist Design. The bar requires very little customization, allowing it to become seemingly an original element on your website’s design. Only the text, font face, and bar color may be changed. You have the option to retain the default salmon color to make it very striking, or opt for a subtler color on the tool’s palette which you think would complement your website’s theme.
- Non-Intrusive. Users do not need to click an X or Close button to remove an in-your-face announcement or pop-up of what your website can offer to them, and this is a big plus. People seem to have developed an aversion to intrusive tools that the next close button they might just click is the one that leads them out of a website. And this is the last thing you would want them to do on yours.
- Ease of Use. Other than learning how to install HelloBar WordPress Plugin, what you’ll need are creative juices for drafting those catchy call to action bar texts.
Installing the Plugin
It only takes a few minutes from plugin installation to actual implementation on your website. Here’s the step by step installation guide:
- Log in to your WordPress Account.
- Search for “Hello Bar” on the plugins database.
- Choose “The HelloBar” plugin and click Install Now.
- Click the Hello Bar button on the Admin Page.
- Go to the Hello Bar page to complete your registration on the platform.
- Once logged in, click the ‘Create New’ button on the right portion of the page.
- Key in the bar title, and complete the required details for the bar elements (message, and link text, and URL).
Note: The font face and bar color may be customized.
- Copy the code.
- Paste the code on WordPress, and click Save Changes.
You may also watch the video tutorial on how to install HelloBar WordPress Plugin at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haJQC6GqnSk.
Get this plugin of both function and fashion which is a certified attention grab-bar.